Hunting palace of Inčukalns
Krimulda – Vangaži
In 1914, a hunting castle was built by order of Baron von Zonberhard, Director of the Baltic Oil Base. It was a gift to the baron’s daughter and three sons. The brown oak plank roof of the castle resembled a cone, the house had parquet floors, crystal glass doors, mirrored walls and beautiful fireplaces. No room looked like another. During the First World War, all the sons of the baron fell, but the daughter sold the castle. Over time, the castle has had various sanatoriums.