Mežmuiža Castle and Mežmuiža Ev. Lutheran Church
Tērvete – Žagare
Mežmuiža Castle is situated in a very nice place – on a bank of the lake enclosed by 12 ha large park with 46 species of trees. It was built in Neogothic style at the end of the 19th century, belonged to Count Liven, in 1884 it became the property of Baron Haan, completely finished in 1912. Now it is an architectural and cultural monument of local meaning. Since 1954 there is situated Augstkalne secondary school.
Church has confirmed in 1648. The first known priest in the church was Kaspars Mancelis, his son Georgs Mancelis (1593–1654) a famous writer of the sacred literature, the author of the first Latvian dictionary Every year swans make nests in the scenery mill-lake, there is also arranged a place for swimming. Augstkalne is a popular place for summer sport and recreation camps – lodging in the boarding school.