Valkas Lugažu Ev. Lutheric church, viewing tower
Valka – Turna
The church is situated in the centre of Valka, at the junction of Raiņa and Rigas street. The first written record of the church dates from 1477. The church is in a basilica style, with a simple appearance – thus, it was the peasants’church in earlier times. Different historical styles can be seen in the exterior in the church, it is due to the church had to be rebuilt and repaired after frequent wars. The end of the church with the bell tower has characteristics of Neoclassical and Baroque styles. The church is currently active. The church tower affords a splendid view of Valka and Valga- one city, two countries.
Contact person for receiving the stamp and piligrim passport (request to call advance) – Mrs Ilva +371 26131199