Carnikavas Local History Centre
Vangaži – Carnikava
Carnikava Local History Centre is located at Jomas Street 7. Centre building is opened from 19th of October in 2012. The building is shaped like a copy of fisherman house „Cēlāji”, which was built in 1851 and located near the Gauja River crossing place. In 1966 the original building was transferred to the Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum. In 14th- 17th century, one of the main and oldest roads connected Riga and Pärnu. The road went from the Daugava River crossing the Gauja River in Carnikava and along Lilaste and Salavgrīva arrived in Pärnu. Once there where three river crossing places in the Gauja River. The house owners of „Celāji” did their duties even till 19th century.