The New Castle of Sigulda and Castle Quarter
Līgatne – Sigulda
The exterior of the New Castle of Sigulda built by the Knyaz Kropotkin family in 1878 has retained its neo-Gothic style, meanwhile, its interior became a pearl of national romanticism in 1937, when it hosted the Latvian Union of Writers and Journalists. Nowadays, the manor center buildings host workshops and salons of craftsmen and artists, where new skills can be learned, and souvenirs can be purchased. Since 2016 Sigulda New Castle is under reconstruction.