The Iron Bridge
Valmiera – Liepa
An object of the industrial heritage. It is a steel bridge over the Gauja River built in 1911. It used to connect the 114 km long Ainaži-Valmiera-Smiltene route (quit operating in 1971). Unfortunately, the railway line was closed in the 70-ies, and the bridge, popularly known as Dzelzītis, together with the railway embankment, has become a favourite trail for pedestrians and cyclists.