Daugavgrīva White Church
Vecāķi – Rīga
It is a parish church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Latvia. The current church was built from 1786 to 1788. The Daugavgriva White Church was consecrated on the September 17th, 1788. The composition and proportions of the building are traditional for 18th century Baroque and Early Classical Lutheran churches of the Vidzeme region. In 1859, a Sissegall organ was installed in the White Church, it costed 1730 roubles. The organ is built by the Karlis Fridrihs Huns.
The renovation of the church was started by the congregation in 1926. In 1929, on Christmas Eve, the church shone for the first time in bright electric light.
The Pastor Karlis Rudolfs Zikmanis serves in Daugavgriva White Church since 2012. Together with his wife, Anda both are among the founders of Latvia’s Via de Cristo. https://www.viadecristo.lv/