St. Gertrude Old Church
Vecāķi – Rīga
By the project of architect Johan Daniel Felsko the present stone and brick church was constructed from 1866 to 1869 to replace the wooden building. Consecrated in 1869, is a great example of Eclecticism style in Riga, with some Neo-gothic elements – portals, eaves, belfry ornamentation.
The church organ was built in 1906 and it is the biggest organ built in Latvia by the famous German organ master W. Sauer (1831–1916). The instrument is still functional and is a great pleasure to the ears of multiple worshippers and tourists who come to the church every day.