Līvbērze Catholic Church

Tīreļi – Līvbērze

Points of interest
1.5 km
away from
Object description

The church was built in 1684 from logs and covered with planks in the 19th century. It used to be a Lutheran church until 1729 when the baron of Līvbērze Manor – Lieven married a Polish Countess and adopted the Catholic faith. The church has several monuments of national value – the altar, the pulpit, the painting on the cornice and the specific top of the spire. The church bell was cast by G. Meier in 1683 and it is still in use today. It is the only wooden church in Jelgava County.

Map
Gallery