Church of Luther or Torņakalns Church
Rīga – Jaunmārupe
Riga Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church, also known as the Church of Thornakalns, located on Tornakalns Street 3/5, Riga. The Church operates the Riga Luther congregation. This is the first church named in Luther’s name in Latvia. The church was built between 1888 and 1890 after designing architect Johan Koch. It is a traditional neogothic edifice with a pointed tower at the west end of the church, a pronounced Latin crucifixion, an extended chorus and a part of a trapezoid. The facades include both the neogothic niches, window aisles and eaves, and romance-shaped rosettes and arches.